Recall that when you were creating your Facebook account, you were asked to provide your mobile number in other to receive a confirmation code before the registration process could be completed.
The troublesome thing about this is that everyone on Facebook now has access to your phone number, making it easy for everyone to easily pick up your phone number on Facebook and call you.
While some people don’t really mind this, others find this really disturbing. So if you really don’t like this, the good news, you can actually remove that number from your Facebook account.
On Your Facebook Application:
- Click on the menu button at the top right hand of the Facebook page
- Scroll down and tap on “Account settings”
- Tap on “General”
- Tap on “Phone”
- Tap on “Remove from your account” (under “Current phone numbers”)
- You will be asked if you are sure of the removal process, type in your password then you tap on “Remove phone”
On Your Browser:
- Click in the top right corner of Facebook
- On the drop down menu, click on “Settings”
- On the left hand side of the screen, click on “Mobile”
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to remove the phone number, click on “Remove phone”
- Enter your password and click on “Submit”